Monday, December 8, 2008

Money saving tips living in Green

Living in Green doesn't just mean materials, pipes and heaters. It also means just plain saving MONEY.

Some of my money saving tips that I try every day I'll share on this blog and I invite you to post yours.

I sell real estate, but I also love saving money wherever I can and making my Albuquerque home efficient and luxurious.

One thing I do is save leftovers for cooking later. This doesn't just mean little bits here and there. Did you know that you can freeze leftover salad and then use it in stews and pot roasts for a base? Just start your roast and add all of your leftover salad (including dressing) and cook away. Wonderful flavor and nutrients, too.

Same goes for leftover pieces of beef, chicken, fish - whatever - just combine in a container as used (and cooled) add to soups and stews.

You would be amazed at how quickly this adds up to a whole meal. Especially for these cold winter nights!

No comments: